PayPal Payouts API to manage payments from multiple accounts

elwiv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I work for a marketing technology company that provides rebate solutions to large brands. We are currently integrating the PayPal Payouts API with our technology platform. When a user's purchase of a certain product has been validated, our company sends a PayPal payment over the PayOuts API using the user's provided email address.

We manage these rebate solutions for multiple large brands at any given time. We are trying to determine the best way to set up accounts and the Payouts APIs to avoid putting large amounts of money at risk in any one PayPal accounts. I have a few questions as we structure our workflow:

1. Can a business account set up sub accounts with separate balances? We want to avoid mingling funds from the different brands we work with. If there is a bug in our platform that fires duplicate PayOuts API calls, we want to avoid draining all of the funds in our accounts.
  2. Can one company own multiple different PayPal accounts? Is there a limit?
  3. If our company has several PayPal accounts, how long does it take to transfer funds between accounts owned by the same company?
  4. Are there any fees for transferring money between business accounts owned by the same company? We may want to set up a holding account to hold a large amount of money, and transfer money on an as-needed or automatic basis to the accounts connected to the PayOuts API.
  5. Can you set up automatic transfers from a business bank account or from a separate PayPal account owned by our company to a PayPal account? We want to limit the risk of holding large amounts of money in our balance in the instance there is a bug in our platform. For example, if we put $100k in an account to fund rebates for the whole campaign, a bug could potentially drain the account in a day. If we set up automatic payments to deposit $5k per day, then we limit our risk of running through the whole budget because of one issue.

Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.