PayPal Guest Checkout Inquiry

fcasta
New Community Member

Hi, I have an important question regarding PayPal Guest Checkout,

The PayPal Guest Checkout is active in my account but it doesn't always show in my website checkout.

Sometimes it works at it should but some other times it doesn't. I mean, sometimes the customer MUST log in to their account in order to checkout.

My question is simple, why is this happening? why sometimes the customer needs to log in first in order to continue... I will like the PayPal Guest Checkout to work always no matter what. What can I do so that the Guest Checkout is always working?

Thank you!

Take care 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi fcasta,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

For customers that don't want to create a PayPal account, but instead pay with their debit/credit card (account optional) some will be shown this payment option, but others may not be shown it. This is due to changes in the checkout experience we implemented when introducing our new checkout experience.
In this new checkout flow, there is no guaranteed way to display the guest checkout first or by default. In some cases, the option will not be shown at all.

In some instances, the buyer will be able to pay with a debit/credit card directly and in some others, they will only be able to open an account using a debit/credit card.

This can depend on many factors like cookies, mobile/web, time of the day, and many other variables which makes it impossible to predict. 

-Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.