cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Express Checkout conflict with wordpress pluggin

Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal Express Checkout conflict with wordpress pluggin

PayPal Express Checkout (PayPal for WooCommerce (By Angell EYE)) does not work whenever YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments is activated

Dear fellows,

I ecountered problem when i tried to integrate PayPal Express Payment (By Angell EYE) with  a wordpress pluggin (YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments  Prenium Pluggin).

Below are the steps perform by me to initiate a paypal sandbox transactions:

1.Go https://homesaver.com.sg/shop/
2.Add one of my products to Cart
3.Go to My Cart (https://homesaver.com.sg/cart-page/) and click “Check-out with PayPal
4.Website redirects to Sandbox. Fill in dummy credit card details and then click “Pay Now”

Whenever YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Premium is activated, the website redirects back to My Cart (instead of the final check out page). Further the paypal transcations was never captured by the sandbox. However, everything works fine as long as YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Premium is disabled.

I have tried below methods but the problem still persists:
1. Updated all my theme and pluggins
2. Deactivated all my plugins and tried them in by one. Whenever, YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Premium is activated, the problem comes back.
3. Revert theme to Twenty Eleven but no help.
4. Researched high and low for in internet and the forum but to no avail.

I contacted both By Angell EYE and YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Prenium Pluggin but help is not very useful. 

This is the reply from YITH "I’ve actually done some debug over your installation, but I’m afraid that I’m not sure why payment is not correctly processed. As far as I can see, what is missing when purchasing a deposit is a request to paypal, with the following method: getExpressCheckoutDetails
After some debugging, I think that the reason for not processing that request is a missing order_awaiting_paymentnumber in user session
Unfortunately, it seems that this Express Checkout plugin is really complex, and I get confused soon when checking its code. I think that the best solution would be to contact PayPal Express Checkout developers, and ask them to help us finding and solving the problem"

I hope some kind heart within this communit can enlighten me on how to resolve this conflict.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: PayPal Express Checkout conflict with wordpress pluggin

Hi.  We recently hired a new support person and he's not fully up to speed on Express Checkout yet.  Sorry for the confusing response there.  Please let me know your ticket number on the Angell EYE help desk and I will personally respond to help get this worked out (which I would be doing anyway, but I'm a little behind on reviewing tickets he has responded to.)

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Contributor

Hi, The ticket number is 313260. Thank you.
Highlighted
Advisor

Okay I will reply to you there.  

Highlighted
Advisor

Ah, I see I did reply to you letting you know we would be troubleshooting the issue and fixing it ASAP. That's the best I can tell you for now. As mentioned in that ticket, we're working on a 1.4.5 update to our plugin now, and then we could look at these things on the 1.4.6 list following that.

When I first read your original post I thought that response you quoted was from us. Just looked again and realized it was from the other plugin developer.

Anyway, we'll get it done ASAP and I'll update you when it's ready!