PayPal Checkout Captive Portal problems in production env

hootbah
Contributor
Contributor

I have a problem where an application that has been successfully tested on the PayPal sandbox environment, does not work as expected on the PayPal production environment.

The application we have uses Captive Portal/Captive Network Assistant for a user to purchase a product. When using Captive Portal the user clicks on the Pay with PayPal button and the PayPal.payment method is called. The backend server the successfully creates a Payment/Sale and returns the Payment ID.

Then the PayPal login box is displayed using the iframe flow (which is correct when using Captive Portal). If you enter correct user authentication details email address and password and then click 'Log in'.  

Next you are displayed the spinning lock icon. That is where it stops.

This can be reproduced on iOS 11.4 and Android 7.1.1.  There is no problem with any other 'full' browser (Safari, Chrome) on the same devices.

The problem can not be reproduced on the PayPal Sandbox environment.

Any ideas on where to look to fix the problem or information on the differences between the sandbox and production environments would be helpful.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

pixmap
Contributor
Contributor

Hello hootbah,

we have exactly the same problem as you.

Could you solve it til today or have collect some more informations about this issue?

In our case the error occurs alos in sandbox-mode of PayPay Checkout.

Best

pixmap

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.