PCI-friendly access to Vault

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Just as the title says, we are looking for a PCI-friendly method to access (create, and pull/read records) the Vault storage, without the request data ever touching our servers. Some examples would be through a JS library, or through a hosted form, or some other way. Does the Vault REST API have anything like that implemented and available?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Over a month has passed, and no suggestions on a server-less method of accessing the Vault to store payment info? There must be a method available, right?

Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone at all respond to this? Is there a support phone number that I can reach? My employers are getting beyond impatient.

I'm looking at trying to make CORS requests as a possible solution. Are the Vault API responses formatted in as way that makes this a possibility?

Login to Me Too

MTS_joaquim

Hello @JimDTSS,

I am so sorry for the delay of waiting for your question.

The vaulting system works in a way where it is mandatory for you to be PCI compliant yourself as you are collecting temporally the informations before sending them to PayPal. We unfortunately don't have any hosted page for this system that would prevent your server to be having to handle the data.

However, we have an alternative vaulting solution in our braintree solution : https://articles.braintreepayments.com/control-panel/vault/overview

This is part of the reason why we are currently deprecating PayPal Direct credit card system in favor of Braintree Direct as it is described here :

https://github.com/paypal/PayPal-node-SDK#direct-credit-card-support

I hope this answers your question.

If it did, please don't for get to leave a Kudo in order to help the visibility of my answer.

Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Some time has passed, so I'm hoping that a different answer, more in-line with what Authorize.net offers, might now be available. Are there any other solutions other than the monthly-fee solution provided by Braintree? I mean, already getting a percentage of the transaction has proven to be a sufficient business model since the internet even existed (and made things easier and cheaper to do).

Login to Me Too

JimDTSS
Contributor
Contributor

Why are questions so difficult to get answered in this community?  Is there someone, with whom I can directly contact, that can field my question(s) on this matter? The wait time for replies here is killing us. My employers need answers and just crossing my fingers that someone *might* get around to answering my question isn't good enough.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.