PAYPAL REST API Redirect approved transaction to capture URL

vtolenti89
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here 🙂

Unfortunately, after a long research I could not find the answer for my question in the forum.

I am currently integrating the REST API V2 in an e-commerce application and in principle it works fine, but not the way it is supposed to.

According to the documentation I am using the following steps:

1. Create order with user data and purchase details in the backend (nodejs)

2. Upon successful order creation, the front-end receives the approve_url and capture_url

3. The user is redirected to the approve_url and login with its credentials, and in case it is successful, the user is redirected to the predefined return_url (which is defined in the step 1)

4. If the user agrees with the order, the capture_url is called and the corresponding amount is transferred.

Since the data returned by the order is not persistent (url is being redirected), I am saving the order id and the capture_link in the local storage, which I don't think it is correct. Therefore, I have two questions:

1. Upon successful approval of the purchase, is it possible to redirect the user directly to capture? 

2. If not, how can I get the order_id details in the return_url?

Thanks in advance,

Victor Tolentino

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.