Obtain PayerID via Login with PayPal

jimmyli
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am just starting out developing an app that uses the payout API. I would like to get the payer_id of a user that has logged in with paypal. I am able to successfully call the userinfo endpoint of the identity API, which returns the following:

{'verified': 'true', 'email_verified': 'true', 'email': 'NOT_ALLOWED_TO_WRITE_THIS_HERE', 'user_id': 'https://www.paypal.com/webapps/auth/identity/user/xFGpMjjoqS-MClBcVyYQV3D6IzZ-uuKal2HuDhw1_MQ'}

According to the reference (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/identity/), it seems like it's possible to obtain the payer_id from this endpoint. However, payer_id is clearly not present in the response, and I don't see any checkbox in my app settings that would enable this property.

How do I obtain the payer_id of a user that has logged in via paypal?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

decovo

Hi @MTS_Andre We're having the same issue too. We're not getting the payer_id in the sandbox or the live app credentials. Payouts API is enabled for our account, is it possible that the payer_id scope is not enabled for our account too? 

Any assistance much appreciated with this! Our PayPal integration is blocked until we can get this resolved 😞

Login to Me Too

cute2day
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Andre - Same issue here. Would like to get a Payer ID to utilize Payouts but having trouble getting it via Login with PayPal. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

@decovo @cute2day

Hi, is the account you are using for the API calls the one linked to your nick name? If not can you send me a private message with  the email account you are using for the API calls?

Login to Me Too

wpanther
New Community Member

Same issue here. We are trying to get from info from a userinfo end-point, with scope: "openid profile"

And it seems I don't have access to private messenger 😕 Perhaps I could create a new sandbox account and share it here in the public?

Login to Me Too

cgwjay

Hi @MTS_Andre, I also have this issue. Our website currently uses NVP. We want to update that to use the current API, however we could not get the payer_id in Identity Login.

Also tried to PM you but I could not find the messenger. We use a different email for the API calls.

Login to Me Too

EvanApple
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Andre same issue here. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

ash159
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i am facing the same issue while obtain the user information with userinfo endpoint , i m able to access token from token endpoint but i want the userinformation ..please help

Login to Me Too

ktwhite
Contributor
Contributor

Where we can adjust the Scope to get the payer_id? Any Solutions?

Login to Me Too

mwildman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Andre, could I please also get your help with this issue? I'd like to access the scope to get Payer ID via the userinfo endpoint.

I can't send a private message. The email address associated with this account is the same one with the Sandbox env where I need to access the Payer ID.

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.