Moving from _xclick-subscriptions

Sandeep-Singh
Contributor
Contributor

I have a website which is subscriptions going on through _xclick-subscriptions which i believe is Express Checkout method . We have built a form which is submitted at paypal server and after payment the user is redirected back to website. The form has other data posted as below

<input id="pay_cmd" type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick-subscriptions">
<input id="id_a3" type="hidden" name="a3" value="99.00">
<input id="id_p3" type="hidden" name="p3" value="1">
<input id="id_t3" type="hidden" name="t3" value="Y">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">

1. I want to know what is this above service called?

2. Is it possible to move these type of subscriptions to newer and advanced services of paypal  without affecting existing users ?

3. I am able to make the `ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus` work  But the endpoint `GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails` doesnt work. Is this not supported by the service which we are using ?

Error -

TIMESTAMP=XXXXXXX&CORRELATIONID=XXXXXXX&ACK=Failure&VERSION=51.0&BUILD=XXXXXXX&L_ERRORCODE0=10002&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Security error&L_LONGMESSAGE0=Security header is not valid&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error

Request -

METHOD=GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails&VERSION=51.0&PWD=XXXXXXXX&USER=XXXXXXX&SIGNATURE=XXXXXXXX&PROFILEID=I-XXXXXXX

I am using same PHP code for both requests with only slight necessary changes.

4. Which is the most advanced methods of creating subscriptions (monthly, quarterly,Yearly and lifetime) for SAAS products.  I want to know the name of the services and documentation links.

@PayPal_Frank  Please help me in understanding this. I saw some of your replies on other posts.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sandeep-Singh
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_FrankPlease include some links which can help me in understanding subscriptions and recurring payments in a better way. I have some existing and upcoming websites where i am selling subscriptions to SAAS. I want to understand in detail what are the all possibilities and what is the best solution for me.

Login to Me Too

Sandeep-Singh
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Jo @PayPal_EJ @PayPal_BJ  Can anyone reply to my questions ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.