Missing payer.status from Orders / Payments v2 API?

Frigidman
Contributor
Contributor

In NVP/SOAP and also REST v1 APIs, receiving order/payment details would return a Payer Status value (VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED).

This seems to be MISSING from the REST v2 API returns?

Is it something that needs to be enabled somewhere, or an extra obscure additive to the Create Order process? We use this value in our risk assessment score for reducing fraud. It would be a shame to lose this helpful information. Ideas?

All we are seeing is like:

"payer": {
    "name": {
      "given_name": <removed>,
      "surname": <removed>
    },
    "email_address": <removed>
    "payer_id": <removed>
    "address": {
      "country_code": "US"
    }
  }

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Frigidman
Contributor
Contributor

Received word from the REST team that the information is indeed missing. They may or may not re-add it in the future. We just have to keep an eye on the docs and "wait and see" at this time.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

JohnAckison2
Contributor
Contributor
I'm trying to figure out how to get my account gowing thanks you all so much
Login to Me Too

Frigidman
Contributor
Contributor

I'm afraid I do not see how that is relevant to my question. You should find or make a new topic under the Community -> PayPal Help Community -> My Account section.

Login to Me Too

Frigidman
Contributor
Contributor

Still nothing?

Apparently the "Community" does not know why the payer status has been removed from the REST API v2. Trying to get ahold of anyone inside PayPal is next to impossible. I wonder how to actually get the request/information added to the REST API v2 then.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Frigidman
Contributor
Contributor

Received word from the REST team that the information is indeed missing. They may or may not re-add it in the future. We just have to keep an eye on the docs and "wait and see" at this time.

Login to Me Too

ViVa-Kakele
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, we also have the same problem. Do you need to create the payment with the API v1? Creating it with the v2 and getting the info with the v1 doesn't show the payer.status for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.