Looking for help setup for idiots Paypal business

jgklein32
New Community Member

I need some education on the API in the developers side.  when I follow the direction, go to dashboard, and run the default app, I get the proper business login email which is the coded one of example  my problem is that when I look at the sandbox accounts associated with the API, all matches.  But I look at the details of both the business and personal login, I am confused.  here what I am confused  about:

account details only allow for changing name, email and password.  does not allow changing phone number.  and I have no idea who owns that number.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

JackieDaytona
Contributor
Contributor

@jgklein32 

Business Login is just for that - to look at the Sandbox transactions that are coming from the Personal login - ya know for testing.

You use the Personal Login to test the API for the transactions, along with some fake CC's that PayPal has buried on their site (they have a bunch to choose from even fake AMEX).

After you know your trans is good on the personal(user) side you can use the business login to make sure that the transactions are indeed working as expected for the business.

they should be using the terms "owner" and "user" instead of "business" and "personal"  don't feel too bad,  took me like 3 days to figure it out as well

Dave

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.