Is there a way to calculate fee for Payout before creating it?

mazikwyry
New Community Member

Hello.

I'm currently using Adaptive Payments "Pay" operation to make payouts to my "workers" (freelancing platform).

I would like to migrate to Payouts REST API. 

The problem is that Adaptive Payments API allows specifying receiver as a fee payer. Payouts REST API doesn't. Now I need to deduct the fee amount from the payout. In order to do that I need to calculate the fee upfront.

I found https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#paypal-payouts. So for me, it's 2$ (capped at $20). There are 2 additional factors: country and currency of the receiver. I think I can use Identity API to check for the country of the receiver, so I can check if international transaction fee will be applied. The last factor is the currency conversion fee. Do anyone know if there is a way to check if the receiver accepts given currency, so conversion is not needed?

Another question is how can I get notified by PayPal if the fees for Payouts will change (as I would need to adjust my calculations).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DragonSpark
Contributor
Contributor

Four years and no answers?  Does anyone work at PayPal anymore?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.