Invoicing API

lwebzem
Contributor
Contributor

I am using rest api invoicing v2, I obtained token and trying to create invoice draft through API. I am getting the following error response:

"name":"UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY","message":"The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.","debug_id":"xxxxxxxx","details":[{"issue":"USER_NOT_FOUND","description":"User is not associated with paypal based on invoicer email."}],"links":[{"href":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/invoicing/#errors","method":"GET"}]}

Can someone help understand this msg?  What does this mean?  Is user the one who sending email or who is receiving? How do I check users?  Should  user who is receiving invoice, be in the paypal systems ? if yes how do I enter or check?   I verified invoicer name/ email and it is correct. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jasonG1980
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem, but FYI, "invoicer" is the one sending the invoice.

Login to Me Too

developer113
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same error message while sending the invoice API. I created the draft invoice using the API. But when I trying to send this invoice got error as below:

{
"name": "UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY",
"message": "The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.",
"debug_id": "6c10b6f33a4d1",
"details": [
{
"issue": "USER_NOT_FOUND",
"description": "User is not associated with paypal based on invoicer email."
}
],
"links": [
{
"href": "https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/invoicing/#errors",
"method": "GET"
}
]
}

So Kindly let us know Whats wrong with sandbox account. I even changed the email many times but still got same error.
Thanks

Login to Me Too

asulwer
Contributor
Contributor

did you solve this?  having the same issue with sandbox default accounts.  i am using the business sandbox account for the invoicer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.