Invoicing API: Attach invoice PDF to email?

Eleven41
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am using the PayPal Invoicing API to send invoices to my customers.

I have some customers whose A/P teams use automated invoice processing software that'll read an attached PDF to an invoice email. They have requested that a PDF copy of the invoice be attached to the email that PayPal sends them otherwise the PayPal email gets rejected by their automated system.

I know that you can attach files to the invoice. However, this is not that. I need a PDF copy of the invoice attached to the sent email.

Is there an option to do this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

MTS_Stefan
Hello Eleven41,

Via the API, there is no option to turn them into a PDF.
The Invoices created via PayPal.com are available as PDF as well as any Invoice you see there.

I hope that helps.
Stefan
Login to Me Too

Eleven41
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for responding, but that solution does not help.

I'm using 100% automation to send my PayPal invoices. Manually turning them into a PDF breaks that automation.

Basically, I need a flag on the "Send" API method like "include attached pdf" where PayPal will attach a PDF copy to the email.

If it doesn't exist (or functional equivalent), please add it to your internal feature request system so it may be added in the future.

Otherwise, I need to find an alternative to PayPal invoices for these customers since it does not meet my requirements.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Stefan
Hello Eleven41,

The request of yours is essentially: while creating an invoice via API, include the invoice as PDF attachment while sending it.
I can request that function, but I cannot say when this will be added.

I am sorry that I won't have a workaround for you right now.

Kind Regards,
Stefan
Login to Me Too

Eleven41
Contributor
Contributor

Wonderful, thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Stefan

Hi Eleven41,

If this solved the issue, please mark the thread as solution accepted so other users may find it useful as well, going forward.

Regards,
Stefan

Login to Me Too

Eleven41
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Has there been any progress in this ability?

I'm encountering more and more customers who want to auto-process a PDF attached to the invoice emails. So I cannot use PayPal for these customers.

Login to Me Too

satrangtech
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is still not available. Did anyone find any alternative solution to attach and send the Invoice PDF along with the standard Invoice email sent by PayPal on creating/publishing the invoice? 

@Eleven41 wrote:

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for responding, but that solution does not help.

I'm using 100% automation to send my PayPal invoices. Manually turning them into a PDF breaks that automation.

Basically, I need a flag on the "Send" API method like "include attached pdf" where PayPal will attach a PDF copy to the email.

If it doesn't exist (or functional equivalent), please add it to your internal feature request system so it may be added in the future.

Otherwise, I need to find an alternative to PayPal invoices for these customers since it does not meet my requirements.

Login to Me Too

HaitamSnibis
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Give a way how can i get my card paypal help me please. God bless you
Login to Me Too

JackieDaytona
Contributor
Contributor

Why not send it to the printer via PHP and have the default printer set to PDF ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.