cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Login with PayPal - Scope Email results Invalid Scope

Re: Integration of Login with PayPal - Scope Email results Invalid Scope

@tdalzell This should not work in Sandbox. When navigating to my own sandbox app I am unable to see any variable for phone in the Connect with PayPal option. If you have a different experience, can you please provide a screen shot and the app ID and we can research further to correct that. 

Christina 

Contributor

@MTS_Christina I also do not see phone in the list of available Connect with PayPal scope attributes in Sandbox or Live. However, I can pass the parameter in Sandbox without an errors. The same call to Live fails with Invalid Scope error.

Tracy

Contributor

@MTS_Christina It looks like phone was maybe allowed at some point in time and is included in various code samples including https://github.com/paypal/paypal-retail-node. The bug seems to be that phone is "allowed" in sandbox api calls but not live. Everyone expects that they only need to change root url and client id when transitioning from sandbox to live.

Tracy

@tdalzell 

Thanks for the detailed information. I agree that the expectation is to change the information and go. I will work to get the sample code and response in sandbox updated so that this is not a situation that can happen again.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may has caused.

Christina  

Contributor

@MTS_Christina  Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully no more roadblocks to going Live.