cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Login with PayPal - Scope Email results Invalid Scope

Integration of Login with PayPal - Scope Email results Invalid Scope

One of our App needs Login with PayPal Integration to link PayPal with our System Accounts.

Following are the Steps that we have implemented.

1. Login with PayPal using 'PayPal OAuth'

2. Take User Permission to access info on behalf of our App. (Scope: email)

3. Redirection from PayPal OAuth to our REST Server with the Access Token

4. Fetch info from PayPal account with the Access Token

5. Link PayPal Email Address with Accounts on our system Account.

We have been successful in doing this on Sandbox API.

Once we go to the live version the process gets stuck on Step 2 & 3

On Live API we are it says Invalid Scope for Scope:Email without which we cannot process further as Email is what we need to retrieve.

PayPal Docs state that Email Retrieval is Permitted without any confirmation/verification.

Please note that it does work for Scope:'openid' but we are not using openid for linking of accounts.

The URL we are hitting has the following format

PayPalBaseURL + "\authorize?client_id="+client_id+"&response_type=code&redirect_uri="+ourSystemUrlRedirect+"&state=+"SomeUserInfo"+&scope=email

5 REPLIES

Re: Integration of Login with PayPal - Scope Email results Invalid Scope

Hi @mirzabaig

When you're logged into Developer.PayPal.com, navigate to My Apps & Credentials. Scroll down to the REST app you've created for LIPP (Log in with PayPal) and select. In the right corner of the application, you'll toggle Live. Under Live APP settings you'll find the LIPP option, once selected it describes that the only information provided by default is Full name. If your business model requires more information you'll need to follow the steps listed below in order to be approved for LIPP with additional information:

Important: Full name is approved by default. Sharing all other customer data requires approval through the app review process. Please send your app review request to help-loginappreview@paypal.com. The request must include the following:

1. Client ID of your live app
  2. Description of your app/site - please include screen shots or site URL and a short explanation of what the app/site is about
  3. Detailed description of how your app will use the Log In with PayPal feature
  4. List of the scope attributes you’d like to enable
  5. Description of how you will use each scope attribute, how it will benefit your users and why it's necessary for app's functionality

Requests with partial information cannot be reviewed, and approval will be delayed until the full information is obtained. The app review process typically takes 7-10 days.

Hope this helps!

Christina 

Earlier, I had seen mentioned in the documentation that Full Name & Email Address are allowed by default and doesn't require verification. Still after having this issue, I had sent an Email to <removed> just as mentioned in the webpage where we enable required data fields for Login with PayPal. Things might have changed during this whole process. The Email was sent on 22nd Oct, 2018. No reply has been received since then.

I'll send another email to the new email address you have mentioned and hope for a reply soon.

Thanks.

Hi @mirzabaig

I'd also suggest submitting an inquiry at www.paypal-support.com. The technical support team can follow up with the team that monitors that email address for both the initial request and the follow up. 

Christina 

It's been 8 Days and no reply has been received. I need to confirm about the Validity of my email.

Here's a screenshot.

Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 12.43.17 PM.png

Hi @mirzabaig

I'll check on this for you. Did you submit a ticket with Tech support? If so, what was your ticket number? If you haven't, could you please do so in order for me to have your account information and gives the ability to identify who you are to the team that should have received the email.

Thanks,

Christina