In Payouts, what different transaction status values mean?

alonsn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

First, some background about the application. I'm developing a point of sale/buy terminal for a physical store, where second hand goods from a customer will be purchased. A terminal will allow to enter PayPal id of the receiver (customer who sells stuff to the store) and amount and pay him via payouts API. This is essential for the application to be able to verify a final status of transaction in seconds as unlike online store there is no gap between payout creating (with substantial status changes) and delivering goods, as they change hands almost immediately.

Can someone please explain each of the following payout_item->transaction_status values?

ONHOLD. This payout request is being reviewed and is on hold. - is this a momentary state and will be resolved into SUCCESS/FAILED by some workflow in a matter of seconds or is it something a human will have to take a look? Can payout_item in this state be canceled?
BLOCKED. This payout request has been blocked. - Is this a permanent state? Will it change into SUCCESS/FAILED at some point? Can payout_item in this state be canceled? 
REVERSED. This payout request was reversed. - what does it mean?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cawecoy
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same doubts. Specially this one: "BLOCKED. This payout request has been blocked. - Is this a permanent state?"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.