IPN Security Challenge

Pete_Naylor
Contributor
Contributor

Recently, my IPN calls have been failing and instead being redirected to a "Security Challenge" page with a "I am not a robot" reCaptcha control on.

Since the IPN code is automated, we are unable to clear the reCaptcha.

challenge.jpg

Has anyone else experienced this and found out how to bypass it?  My IPN code seems fine and works 50% of the time. If I capture the IPN request and try and verify it again it works.

Example request:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?mc_gross=103.00&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&payer_id=P9N...fakebusiness%40mybusiness.org&payment_fee=&shipping_discount=0.00&receiver_id=52JNXXU57LZRW&insurance_amount=0.00&txn_type=we...

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

EasifyDev
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. 

We're talking to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr and intermittently getting the reCaptcha in the response.

It started on Thursday 14th November with a few transactions. Resent them via the Paypal IPN dashboard and they went through Ok.

Today all transactions are coming back with the reCaptcha.

Login to Me Too

staffcubamusic
New Community Member

We are experiencing the same problem !

started randomly a couple of days ago, now every transaction gets the chaptcha !

Please , paypal assistence resolve the issue ASAP !

Login to Me Too

mhavener
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  This need to be resolved ASAP.  

Login to Me Too

mhavener
Contributor
Contributor

I just used the LiveChat to discuss this with PayPal and this is there response.  I will follow up with them using the information below, but I would recommend everybody do the same so that they see the urgency of this problem.

Ok, I understand. I do apologize on this. At this time the the IPN error will have to be escalated to our merchant technical support team, I will leave the steps below on how to do this.
LiveChat Says

If you need technical assistance or you would like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality, here's how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal's Merchant Technical Support:
  1. Go to https://www.paypal-support.com​

2. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.

3. Click the Log In with PayPal button, Create an Account or use your Merchant Technical Support Portal Login.

4. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.

• Provide a subject, description including the webpage url, error messages with time stamps, steps on how to reproduce and percentage of transactions being impacted. If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner.

• Indicate the urgency of the request. Severity - How the issue is impacting you, for example:

• Critical: Activity has stopped and there is no work around available.

• High: Activity has slowed and there is not a workaround available.

• Medium: Activity has slowed, and there is a workaround available or an alternative solution.

• Low: Activity is not impacted, just need answer.

• In the drop down select the appropriate product that you are contacting MTS about.

• Environment - Production is the PayPal live site, if your website has been active for a while, or it relates to any issues on the PayPal.com. PayPal Sandbox/Pilot/Test if you are in a testing environment.

• We recommend you upload a screenshot of the issue and the source code of the respective page as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.

5. Click Submit to complete your ticket.

After you submit your ticket, we will send a confirmation email, and a technician will be assigned to help you. The technician will contact you by email and provide you with any updates.

You have the option of creating an account on the MTS ticketing website. This will not affect your PayPal account in any way, as these sites are independent from each other. Creating the MTS ticketing account will organize your ticket communication for future reference.

To create an MTS ticket account, go to https://www.paypal-support.com​ and click Contact Support at the bottom of the page. Fill in the fields marked as required (as well as any optional information you wish us to have) and click Create Account. This will log you in to the ticketing account. Any ticket that you create while logged into the account, will be stored for future reference.
Login to Me Too

TimeVision

This is BS, I have many angry customers because of the recaptcha response for IPN... who the heck coded this??

Login to Me Too

EasifyDev
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, PayPal really don't seem to be in any rush to fix their server fault. 

Login to Me Too

TimeVision

We use PayPal IPN to automatically deliver software unlock keys to customers, and starting on Nov 14th we are getting this issue, debugging the logs shows that server responses were Recaptchas instead of "Verified".

Our temporary solution is to skip verification at the moment and wait for PayPal to become aware and fix the issue. Or at least provide updated documentation on necessary steps.

Just FYI.

Login to Me Too

EasifyDev
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to be working for us again now.

Login to Me Too

jeanneg
Contributor
Contributor

I am having same issue with the Security Challenge page HANGING.  My user ID and password are fine, but I am immediately transferred to the Security CHallenge page (every time) where a small circle just spins -- no image, no "I'm not a Robot" or anything else.  It doesn't timeout and I'm stuck there.  No Help from Paypal.  Has anyone found a FIX for this issue?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.