How to setup paypal webhook for when a specific client pays me via paypalme

cartier55
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to setup a webhook that will post to my Flask server whenever a client sends me money through an invoice or F&F paypalme payment. I understand how to set up my Flask listener and have got it to work using the webhook simulator but setting up the webhook for when my client pays is not as clear. Can someone show me or point me in the direction of how I can get this setup? Right now, how I understand it is, I can only set up webhooks if I have a Paypal checkout on my site, but I don't need that I just need the hook to post when I receive payment. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @cartier55,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

I would suggest to please subscribe your webhook listener to events, use either the Developer Dashboard or the Webhooks API.

Merchants can use the dashboard to subscribe the events : 

1. Log in to the Developer Dasbhoard.
  2. Create an app to generate your API credentials and subscribe to webhook events. If you already have an app, proceed to the next step.
  3. In the REST API apps section, click the link for the app to which you want to subscribe events.
  4. In the webhooks section, click Add Webhook.
  5. Add the URL for your listener, which is the endpoint URL that listens for incoming HTTP POST notification messages triggered when events occur.
  6. From the Event types list, select the events to which to subscribe your app. You can select either all events or one or more individual events.
  7. Click Save. The dashboard shows your webhook listener URL, the ID for the webhook, and the events to which you subscribed your app.

https://developer.paypal.com/api/rest/webhooks/rest/#subscribe-to-events 

To receive Webhook Events of all PayPal product services, please follow the below steps via your developer portal. 

For Sandbox :

My apps & credentials >> Select the respective App name >> goto "SANDBOX WEBHOOKS" >> click "Edit Webhook" hyperlink >> toggle "All events" to receive all event notifications >> Save.

For LIVE : 

My apps & credentials >> Select the respective App name >> goto "LIVE WEBHOOKS" section >> click "Edit Webhook" hyperlink >> toggle "All events" to receive all event notifications >> Save. 

Once the above settings is done, please process a test payment. 

PayPal supports these webhook events:

Please refer the below guide link for "Webhook" Event names :

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications/webhooks/event-names/

If your still facing the issue, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US with detailed error information. 

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

cartier55
Contributor
Contributor

Will this work for direct payments to my account? Will events be fired for PayPal.me Payments?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.