How to give discounts on subscriptions?

Ali1105
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! How can i give discount on subsciptions?

I have integrated PayPal API for subscriptions to my website and its working well. Please guide me how to provide discount feature for subscriptions in PayPal. For example, my subscription is 2 USD/Month with a setup fee of 100USD, now I want to offer 50 percent discount on setup fee..

How can I do that..

Right now for the time being I have created multiple plans with different rates according to the discount I want to give and then user puts the voucher code of my website and my server redirects it to the relevant plan ID... But this is just a trick, please guide me if there is any concrete solution for this Thanks...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ali1105 

Thanks for that question! It appears you are actually doing this correctly. The subscription API is Plan driven in that if you want a different pricing scheme, simply create a new plan for that and programmatically redirect to the correct plan when appropriate. So, having a "discount" plan is the correct way to go about this so that you can redirect to it when a given discount code is entered.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Ali1105
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.