How to get access to Direct Payment API?

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Wondering if @MTS_Christina@MTS_Ciaran  or @MTS_Justin can help with the below:

Please can you advise how we might arrange access for our PayPal account to the PayPal Direct Payment API (as outlined at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-pro/integration-guide/direct-payment)?

We are attempting to access this API from an existing PayPal account in order to fulfil our commitment to 3D Secure integration, but currently when trying to access the API we receive the following error message:

[L_ERRORCODE] => 10548
[L_SHORTMESSAGE] => Invalid Configuration
[L_LONGMESSAGE] => This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.

This implies that our UK PayPal business account is not configured to allow access to this API.

We have tried emailing <removed> but so far have not had any response on this question.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

not_here

Hi @mikewz,

You mention that you're trying to fulfill your obligation to be 3D Secure, do you currently have a Pro account today? Meaning can you process pro transactions?

If you do not have Pro today but are using a different product type, PSD2-3DS does not apply and you're not required to do any integration updates. 

Thanks,

Christina 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your speedy reply @not_here 

We currently have a UK "Website Payments Pro" account, which uses the "PayFlow gateway" (with logins to both http://www.paypal.com and http://manager.paypal.com). My understanding is that this product does not support the 3DS integration (outlined at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-pro/integration-guide/3d-secure).

However, we have had repeated phone calls from PayPal offices in Dublin asking us to add 3DS support via Cardinal Commerce. We are happy to do this, but would need our account to have access to the PayPal Direct Payment API to make this happen.

So at this stage it would be helpful to know:

1. Is it possible to arrange access the PayPal Direct Payment API for our existing account? (I can send our account details to you directly if needed).

2. If this is not possible, the implication is that we cannot add 3DS support to our existing PayFlow gateway account, since this is unsupported. If so, how can we support 3DS on transactions going forward to comply with the new SCA legislation coming into force on 14th September?

Thanks,

Mike.

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @mikewz,

PayPal is currently working to get steps out for the type of integration you have, this information should be available in the near future. We are also working on updated communications regarding the 3DS updates, so another communication to look out for. Rest assured, your integration does support 3DS.

One question we do have is have you been able to register with Cardinal Commerce and create the account? 

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me on this @not_here and @MTS_Justin 

Yes, we have been able to register fine with Cardinal Commerce, and have completed all of the Javascript integration steps for their platform, including running through the various credit card testcases they recommend attempting.

Regarding support for our PayPal integration are you able to share what timeframe is being worked towards for this?

We are concerned that it is now less than 1 month until the SCA legislation comes into force, mandating the use of 3DS v2, and we need to plan development time for this work. We are worried that at this stage we don't even know the scope of what will need to be done, or have any documentation for what is planned from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

not_here

@mikewz,

Your concern is valid and I completely understand your point of view.

From what I understand, the integration will be very similar except that the 7 parameters which are accepted in the given link will have a different name for Payflow. The team has assured me that they are currently working on getting this documentation out and you will know as soon as I do. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for providing this extra information @not_here, it's very helpful. I just had a few follow-on questions I hoped you might be able to answer:

1. Do you know whether the integration for PayFlow will support 3DS v1.0 or v2.0? The docs for implementation state that "PayPal will implement 3-D Secure 2.0 in the second half of 2019"

2. Do you have a date that the team are working towards for launching thePayFlow integration support? (even a rough idea would be helpful).

3. How will the information for PayFlow support be publicised - is there a page we can check for news? 

Thanks,

Mike.

Login to Me Too

not_here

@mikewz,

Working on getting you answers. Since it's the weekend, I probably won't have a response until next week.

Thanks,
Christina 

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @mikewz,

Below are the responses I've received: 

• Do you know whether the integration for PayFlow will support 3DS v1.0 or v2.0? The docs for implementation state that "PayPal will implement 3-D Secure 2.0 in the second half of 2019"
    The integration will support all versions of 3DS. We currently support 3DS 1.0 which can be integrated right away, the newer release will upgrade it to 2.0.
  • Do you have a date that the team are working towards for launching thePayFlow integration support? (even a rough idea would be helpful).
    We will launch the Payflow integration 1st week of September in production live
  • How will the information for PayFlow support be publicized - is there a page we can check for news?
    Yes, Correct we will be updating the information in the same page

We will be reaching out directly soon to provide the instructions, hope this helps!

Thanks,

Christina 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the speedy update on this @not_here, we'll continue to wait for further updates.

Just one point of clarification - you mentioned that "We currently support 3DS 1.0 which can be integrated right away" - is this supported on the PayFlow API? My understanding was that it was only supported on the PayPal Direct Payment API, and I couldn't find any reference to it in the Payflow Developer guide.

Thanks,

Mike.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.