How to Enable Payouts API Access

dooleyb1
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to enable access to my PayPal business account for the Payouts API in the Live environment. I have had a lengthy thread running in the Message Center now for some 7+ days and have been passed around 10+ agents all pointing me in contradicting directions and I have not been able to get through to anyone to enable this access for my account. I have also tried ringing the phone lines (was provided 3 numbers in Message Center) and all of which have kicked me off the call due to COVID-19 limitations.

Does anyone know how/who I should ACTUALLY contact to enable access to this API endpoint. Getting fed up being passed around in the Message Center to agents who don't seem to be able to help me at all.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

TomorrowDigital
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently going through the same experience.

I've also been in contact with several agents on the Message Center for 13 days now. They said my application was entered last Thursday 25th, then on Saturday 27th they informed me my application was still under review. That's the last I heard from them, I'm still trying to reach them via Message Center, the only contact method we have available.

Any advice on what can be done would be greatly appreciated, we can't launch our platform without it.

Login to Me Too

Crucible
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem, when I click to apply for PayPal Payouts I get endless loop, the page just keeps refreshing. I'm logged in and have had business account for years. Tried to open a ticket with no reply yet. Need help to enable this feature as well.

Login to Me Too

CannonStudios
Contributor
Contributor

My client has been stuck in the same endless loop...it doesn't work, there's no help, no response online and I can't go further with my project until they can enable payouts.

This is very frustrating, Paypal!

Login to Me Too

TomorrowDigital
Contributor
Contributor

Here's how I resolved this issue a few weeks ago:

I raised a ticket in the Merchant Technical Support Help Center (https://www.paypal-support.com/). They initially told me that activating Payouts is not a part of their work, but after some insistence, they escalated the issue and were able to activate Payouts for me.

Contacting support agents through the Message Center is completely useless.

Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Crucible
Contributor
Contributor

Is this a real PayPal domain? I don't see that listed as an official PayPal resource anywhere... 

Login to Me Too

Crucible
Contributor
Contributor

Edit from previous reply:

@TomorrowDigital is spot on. After 7 days of back and forth on PayPal customer (chat) support, and being passed back and forth between what I'm guessing is offshore reps, I opened a ticket with https://www.paypal-support.com/ and a SUPER helpful guy named Mike opened a ticket, and helped push the process to get Payouts "enabled". You have to have your business account "verified" (whatever that means). So my account finally has the green checkbox nest to Payouts! Be persistent and open a ticket, it may take a few days (shouldn't since it generates revenue for PayPal).

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

yashbrahmbhatt
Contributor
Contributor
I have a question, When you said opened a ticket, what do you mean? I opened a ticket and it goes to the technical support who come back and state that they dont have the permissions to grant access to payouts. Is there a different category of ticket that you opened?
Login to Me Too

pc4myjukebox
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have clicked the link as indicated by the thread and it just sends me to the status page update. Has this changed since the last time you enquired about it as I too am trying to get the payouts enabled?

Login to Me Too

Eventimacy

@TomorrowDigital  Can you tell us how to raise a ticket?
the link that you shared, leading us to the supposrt center and there I have a case number which is closed by paypal without any result.
your help is much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.