How the billing information of guest will be changed if credit cared expired/changed?

dineshwadhwa400
Contributor
Contributor

I want to buy the Payment Gateway for my business and will be implementing the Subscription process for 10 $ monthly.

So if user subscribe to my plan as guest and later on the Credit card or other billing information is changed, how can the payment will be colllected from the users? Is there any specific api for this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @dineshwadhwa400 

So, this works the same way it works with any other subscription service depending on how you set up your plan. Refer to this documentation to see more of what I'm talking about.

Essentially, you can have the plan suspend the subscription after one failed payment, or after 2. If you do 2 failed payments, you can take that time to notify the customer that they need to update their billing information. This can be a risk of losing money if you're providing the service for another month and they still don't pay or update their billing information. With that in mind, refer to that documentation to see what approach you want to take. Typically merchants set up their systems to email the customer once they get a webhook that says the subscription payment failed.

To your question about how the user would update their payment information: If you're talking about users doing DCC subscription payments, then you should use the update subscription call. However, if they are subscribed using their PayPal account, they would just need to update their payment information in their PayPal account.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

dineshwadhwa400
Contributor
Contributor

Hey thanks,

Well i can test the Update subscription call. I need to clear one thing that Can i use the smart button and send the request to create subscription to server .net instead js call. 

i see that is possible, but i didnt find any source code for the subscription api calls using .net.

Thanks

Dinesh Kumar Wadhwa

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.