How does paypal handle recurring payments if I want to change the amount from previous payment?

Bikal
Contributor
Contributor
In our webapp, we have implemented a Subscription based payment. There are Base features and then Additional Features related to the base features. The user can select one base feature and any number of additional features and make the payment via paypal based on their cost. The Base feature also has a certain trial period.
Now we are trying to work on updating the subscription, meaning if the user wants to change the base feature which s/he has already paid for via paypal. Does paypal handle such update in payments? And if yes, then how does it handle the difference in previous and current payments? For example, if the user paid for a base feature of 100$ and after some time changes to a base feature of 200$ and pays via paypal, then we should only charge him/her 100$. But I guess, with the Billing Agreement Id (I-76xxxxxxx) that the paypal would send during the first payment; paypal will still have the amount of 100$ in the paypal's database?? So, is there a way to handle such difference in payments when it comes to recurring payments with the same Billing Agreement Id?? And also how does it handle the difference in trial? We are using paypal-rest-sdk.
Thank you for your time!  Have a great day.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.