How do I create the most simple way to sell a digital license inside a program (C# Winforms)

02David02
Contributor
Contributor

I have a C# WinForms-based program, I want my program to be upgraded after a user purchases a "license" (which is a simple purchase that costs either 1 USD or 3 USD in price) (2 different digital products)

When the user chooses to press the button
I want the program to open PayPal in a web browser,
and I want the web browser to return data like: if payment succeed or failed, and receipt-ID or something unique like that.
So the program would also get a return from the browser.

Less important but I rather ask it too is:
an option for the user to input the "receipt-ID" from a previous purchase and somehow check if it was the 3USD worth product and if I am the seller, - I basically want users to be able to use an old receipt ID instead of purchasing the product again, I just want to verify that it is the right product, (e.g. to know if I am the seller and if the product cost 3 dollars / if I could verify it by any other means like the description I would prefer it)

I've found this while searching the web:
public bool PaymentTest(String TypeOf, String Pricing)
{
string url = "";

string business = "@gmail.com"; // Gmail here
string country = "";
string currency = "USD";

url += "https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr/" +
"?cmd=" + "_xclick" +
"&amount=" + Pricing +
"&business=" + business +
"&item_name=" + TypeOf;

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(url);
return false; // how do I make the return say if the transaction succeeded/failed

}

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.