How can I verify that a payment was a success on my site?

Aeryes
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Symfony 4 as the back end of my website with JQuery and Bootstrap 4 on the front end. I am trying to figure out how to get a verification on my website that a transaction has being successful so that I can do some work and give the user the correct permissions associated with a purchase on the site. I am using paypal smart buttons for payment processing. How can I get confirmation from paypal that the purchase has being a success. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

xXIlIlIlIlIXx
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Aeryes 👋

To answer yours question some extensions for websites wont give you info about activity in your PayPal account for the privacy act rule on PayPal Terms and Services, So what I would recommend doing to see if the Payments went through is check your PayPal account for money coming in and who its from to match it on your websites and that will tell you if it came through or not!

#DontWorry
Best Of Luck 🥂
Login to Me Too

Aeryes
Contributor
Contributor

Im trying to create an automated system to verify payments so I can give access to on site features. Doing this manually will not work for my project. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi  @Aeryes / @xXIlIlIlIlIXx,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Yes, you can get the payment details by implementing below event notifications.

I request to please refer the detailed guide link.

The PayPal REST APIs can use webhooks for event notification.

The NVP/SOAP APIs can use the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) and Payment Data Transfer (PDT) services for event notification.

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.