How can I get my PayPal Account Balance through the Payouts API

devjoshp
Contributor
Contributor

How I can I see my PayPal Account Balance using the Payouts API? I have not been able to found a .NET implementation (C#) of how to do this on any of the developer help pages. I basically just want to grab the PayPal Account Balance from the servers and displaying it somewhere to the client. Can anyone direct me to the page explaining how to get the account balance?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

devjoshp
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Andre wrote:

Hi, we have a classic NVP API that make this, it is the GetBalance API. You can check our guide and eventually find a way to integrate in your code.

Hi Andre, unfortunately your response is absolutely no help at all to me. You've sent me to a page that is describing the fields in the

GetBalance()

methodnot the API that provides the

GetBalance()

method.

There is no page that actually shows the implementation of the

GetBalance()

method. Where can I find that? In addition you put a link that says our guide that links me to the exact same page as the first link you provided. 

Please provide correct links. Is the

GetBalance()

method deprecated? Do I need to be a PayPal partner to use this feature?

See this 

Does that make sense @MTS_Andre ? 

UPDATE: PayPal tech support / moderators are completely useless as usual

I finally think I may have found an answer to my original question. Firstly, you can not get the PayPal Account Balance using the Payouts API. You have to call their

GetBalance()

method that is located in the PayPal Merchant SDK. Install this NuGet package into your solution if you want to attempt to get an Account balance.

Here is the .NET implementation

Here is the new web.config stuff you have to add (<accounts> tag)

I could succesfully retrieve the Account Balance using the sample configuration provided in the 3 token authourization section of the github solution. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to generate the credentials that I need for the NVP API call embedded into PayPal Merchant SDK . The process is convoluted, and I am unsure if this feature is being deprecated in the future or is already deprecated as of now. If anyone finds out anything about this, please let me know.

UPDATE 2: After more searching, I finally figured out how to enable the NVP SOAP API on my account, got those enabled and tested, and it worked.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Andre

Hi, we have a classic NVP API that make this, it is the GetBalance API. You can check our guide and eventually find a way to integrate in your code.

Login to Me Too
Solved

devjoshp
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Andre wrote:

Hi Andre, unfortunately your response is absolutely no help at all to me. You've sent me to a page that is describing the fields in the

GetBalance()

methodnot the API that provides the

GetBalance()

method.

There is no page that actually shows the implementation of the

GetBalance()

method. Where can I find that? In addition you put a link that says our guide that links me to the exact same page as the first link you provided. 

Please provide correct links. Is the

GetBalance()

method deprecated? Do I need to be a PayPal partner to use this feature?

See this 

Does that make sense @MTS_Andre ? 

UPDATE: PayPal tech support / moderators are completely useless as usual

I finally think I may have found an answer to my original question. Firstly, you can not get the PayPal Account Balance using the Payouts API. You have to call their

GetBalance()

method that is located in the PayPal Merchant SDK. Install this NuGet package into your solution if you want to attempt to get an Account balance.

Here is the .NET implementation

Here is the new web.config stuff you have to add (<accounts> tag)

I could succesfully retrieve the Account Balance using the sample configuration provided in the 3 token authourization section of the github solution. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to generate the credentials that I need for the NVP API call embedded into PayPal Merchant SDK . The process is convoluted, and I am unsure if this feature is being deprecated in the future or is already deprecated as of now. If anyone finds out anything about this, please let me know.

UPDATE 2: After more searching, I finally figured out how to enable the NVP SOAP API on my account, got those enabled and tested, and it worked.

Login to Me Too

devjoshp
Contributor
Contributor

Accidental duplicate post. 

Login to Me Too

devjoshp
Contributor
Contributor

Accidental duplicate post. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.