Help Understanding the Process, Please?

ebmktg
New Community Member

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask your help in understanding some of the more general concepts behind setting up a Paypal payment system on my site before I go spend a ton of development time on something that's either not possible or not how I need it to work.

The scenario:  I'm setting up a site wherein a person will be paying for things via Paypal, but the payment is likely to be split among 2-5 receivers for various reasons.  We ourselves, the site host, are NOT EVER one of those receivers, we are merely acting as an application host.

My understanding is that Adaptive Parallel Payments are what I need to be looking at to accomplish this.  Correct?

Our concerns are these:

1. In such a case, does the money go straight from sender to receiver without ever touching our (the app host's) account, or does it transfer first to us, then to the receivers?  This is crucial because there are tax & liability concerns if we have the money in our account even for a fraction of a second.

2. My reading of the API docs suggests that the sender must still log in to their own Paypal account and approve each of those payment splits individually.  Is this the case, or do they only need to approve the over-arching transaction as a whole (ie, approve the group of splits all at once)?

Thanks in advance...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

not_here

Hi @ebmktg

Unfortunately, Adaptive Payments is no longer available and the only alternative would be PayPal for Marketplaces. The PayPal for Marketplaces product is in a Limited Release status and is not available to all accounts. 

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I encourage you to check back on the status of the PayPal for Marketplaces product.

Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.