Getting transaction detail response from simple buttons

ElGamblino
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I'm new to selling on PayPal and haven't coded in a long time, so bear with me! I'm trying to use the simple buttons PayPal provides to minimize coding, but I can't make sense of something from the docs for the life of me. If someone *succesfully* pays for and checks out a cart with multiple purchases in it, how do I get that order information? I presume a human readable email will come, but is it also available in a machine readable way (e.g. JSON, and if so, what are the field names?), and over what sort of 'channel' (e.g. is it emailed to the same address)?. Or are the transaction details sent back in an html request header when redirected back on completion? I think there's something called an IPN which may be the answer but I can't find any simple tutorial about how to get order details when using the simple buttons. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question - I have been searching for an explanation for a while... Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.