Express Checkout token was issued for a merchant account other than yours.

Smolo
New Community Member

Hello,
I was testing whether paypal payments are working on my shopify store buy they didn't.

First time I was trying to make payment it just stated error message after I clicked pay now on paypal interface: Express Checkout token was issued for a merchant account other than yours.

I exited store and tried again and after that it is just stuck in infinite loophole without error message where I just log in paypal then click pay now and I am back at store's checkout but this time without error message but it acts same like with it.  Also it's not sandbox purchase but real one.

I made sure that I set up my paypal correctly aswell so I do not know where can be issue whether it's on shopify's side or paypal's or I am doing something wrong...  Is there anything I can do in this situation to be able to accept paypal payments?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Andre

Hi, from the description looks like there is an error on the token used in ExpressCheckout. Would be helpful to have the full log of the error, usually in the full response log there are data like CorrelationID and error code that can help identifying the exact issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.