Enabling or allowing REST API "Payouts" feature in Personal Type Account

roguitar88
Contributor
Contributor

Hello people

First of all, I would like to thank and congratulate you on the support, service and tools you have been making available to developers over time. Well, my account is the personal type, not a business account yet. But my question is whether I can actually have access to the Payouts feature, as I intend to launch a small affiliate system in which I need to send payments (to these same affiliates or referrals). From what I've read in the PayPal documentation, this service would be, if I'm not mistaken, available only to "business accounts" or to the premium ones. And I also found the following information:
"To enable some features for live transactions, you must provide additional information."
In order to enable some features or functionality for live (ie real) transactions, you must provide additional information.
I click the button to provide this information, but what I find is a technical support page with a FAQ. So I came here to ask for such help directly.
Is it possible to enable this function without my having to join or upgrade my current account to business? Or do I really have to upgrade?
I hope you did understand the issue. Thank you.
Page Link: https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accountStatus
Regards,
Rogerio

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ppawankawankuam
Contributor
Contributor

Your suggestion is very good, but my objective "Affiliate with small"business is can we buy and sell with this account?

Login to Me Too

styleupmarket
Contributor
Contributor

I have a business account and am trying to enable payouts, but it says to contact PayPal as they need more information. However, the phone lines are down and the people on chat said they can't help me. They sent me to Tech support and they said they don't have the ability to help either. 

Anyone have their PayOuts enable another way besides calling?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.