Dispute Webhook Events not firing

brandonrsharp
Contributor
Contributor

I have created three webhooks in an app located in a client's account (CUSTOMER.DISPUTE.CREATED, CUSTOMER.DISPUTE.RESOLVED, and RISK.DISPUTE.CREATED[deprecated]) in both Sandbox and Live.  These events show no history over the past two weeks, though new disputes have been created on the client's account.  I'm attempting to determine if this is a configuration issue, a permissions issue or a webhook issue.  Are these events live?  If so, are additional permissions (other than API) required to receive these?  I can send a successful webhook for these events through the webhooks simulator, and have a similar integration with Braintree that works fine.  Please advise, thanks.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Andre

Hi, I checked and we had a release on Monday afternoon that was fixing the missing WebHooks you reported. From Monday on if there is a dispute you should see the event fired.

Cheers,

Andrea

Login to Me Too

brandonrsharp
Contributor
Contributor

We had one dispute opened on Monday and one opened Tuesday, and none of the dispute events were triggered.  I am happy to help debug from the client side if someone would like to contact me.

Thanks, Brandon

Login to Me Too

SeriousJ
Contributor
Contributor
We’re having the same problem. Our account is properly configured to receive WebhookEvent for disputes created. Disputes are being created but we don’t see them, neither on our Webhook page or on our developer page. What’s going on?
Login to Me Too

AlekseyO
New Community Member

@MTS_Andre We are having this problem.

Login to Me Too

pohead123
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having an issue where im subscribed to paypal.dispute.created but paypal is only notifying me about UNAUTHORISED disputes but nothing else.

for example its not giving me notification about 'item not received' dispute or claims..

only 'unauthorised'. why?

Login to Me Too

xJosafat
New Community Member

I think I am having this issue too, could someone confirm if it is solved by now?

Login to Me Too

quiquelhappy
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too. I get logs for every other webhooks except CUSTOMER.DISPUTE.CREATED and CUSTOMER.DISPUTE.RESOLVED.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.