Direct card payments for Subscriptions

vrahulin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I have read in Paypal REST API that direct credit card support is only supported through Braintree. However, in the Subscriptions docs, there is a direct card payment option. Does that mean, subscriptions can be implemented on merchant site with provision to enter card details and process them without having to go through Braintree route? Can anyone please confirm. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Andre

Hi Vrahulin, could you share the link of the developer docs you are referring to about a direct card payment option using the subscriptions?

Login to Me Too

vrahulin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andre,

Here is the link I am referring to  - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/subscriptions/integrate/#direct-card-flow

Thanks,

Rahul.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Thanks Rahul, let me double check it for you and will write back.

Login to Me Too

vrahulin
Contributor
Contributor

Sure Andre. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi Rahul,

Direct card flow has some requirements to meet, you can find them on this link which is the overview of the subscription document you were checking. In that document there is also a note stating:
To become eligible to accept direct card payments for subscriptions, complete onboarding. Direct card payments are available only for non-3DS cards and for merchants in the US and AU at this time. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

vrahulin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Andre. I see the requirements there. Thanks for your time. 

Regards,

Rahul.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.