Country location

kevinb31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi !

I'm implementing paypal rest api for one of my customer and i'm facing an issue.

The merchant is a French Guiana based business so everything should be in french, but when customers put French Guiana, I'm providing GF as ISO 2 Country code and the paypal interface is in english... is there a way to force french language ? Moreover, if I try to put FRANCE as country from a french computer, the page is translated in french AND I can process to the payment without opening a paypal account, which is not possible in the French Guiana case.

Is there some king of geolocalization of paypal for language and features selection OR it's all based on the country code in the shipping address...

I saw this

Pass a locale code to PayPal to customize the locale of the buyer's checkout experience.

To determine the locale for the checkout page, PayPal uses the locale code and these other factors:

1. The shipping address country provided by the merchant in the request.
  2. The country taken from the locale code parameter passed by the merchant.
  3. The country of the currently logged-in user.
  4. The merchant's country.

When this information is not available, PayPal uses these default locales in this order:

1. en_US
  2. fr_XC
  3. es_XC
  4. zh_XC

in documentation but after a test, it seems not working just with the FR shippingCountryCode... (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/direct/rest/locale-codes/)

Help :'(

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Brana011
New Community Member

Hello.

I just want to know if I set up correctly my PayPal account for Serbia, Eastern Europe?

Can I make a payment and recieve the money on this account and also transfer the money to my bank in Serbian bank , Intesa Bank for example?

Best egards.

Ivkovic

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.