Confusion regarding renewing API: Your API certificate needs to be renewed

cjol
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

First time posting a question/query.  I have been receiving emails to update the API for PayPal; I try to follow the steps but they aren't consistent with my PayPal account e.g. Step 3 for 'My Selling Tools' is not available and therefore I can't seem to renew the API.  Looking for a little assistance here please before this becomes an issue  : )

I've copied and pasted the automated email that I'm receiving; I'd be appreciative for any and all support you can offer as this will expire in the new year and we are coming in to our busy period.

Best,

JP

-------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Your API certificate needs to be renewed

-------------------------------------------------------

The API certificate associated with your PayPal Business or Premier account,  [[my email address]] will expire on  5 Jan 2020. To avoid service disruption to your PayPal API integration, we recommend renewing your API certificate before the expiry date. Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click  Profile  near the top of the page.
  3. Click  My selling tools.
  4. Under "Selling online", click  Update  beside "API access".
  5. Click  View API Certificate.
  6. Click  Renew Certificate.
  7. Under the certificate marked "Active", click  Download Certificate.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Irene99
New Community Member

Still no help. PAYPAL should be ashamed to print their help solutions that are contusing, words missing, non existent links. SHAME

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.