Commerce Platform

upgradebot
Contributor
Contributor

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/commerce-platform/

It would be nice if there was more information on how to actually sign up to use this?  I followed the steps but the API doesn't let me use it.  I need an account manager?  How do I get one?  Where are the links to actually move forward with using this API?  If this is a limited release product, how can we apply to use it?  Very low effort on whoever created that doc page.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
@upgradebot Where exactly are you sending the emails?
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @upgradebot,

we tryed 2 times, one during the spring of 2019 and another during the summer o 2019 but we had the same identical experience with the application (from the official application page) to the commerce platform. Our business has almost 700.000 euros in volume now and it grows by a 40% y/y buy probably it is not enough to be interesting for paypal. Talking with a paypal executive in Italy, he said me that they consider businesses for a partner application when they have at least a cash flow volume over 20 millions, so we're surely too small to be considered.

However, an answer is always important, even to smaller business because they could be the biggest of tomorrow. As you said, it seems that paypal prefers to stay in a more comfortably and effortless zone, with few big partners to manage instead to bother itself with a lot of medium sized businesses.

We're looking around as you're doing  but it is more a techinical need on our side, because till now, we even have ANY guidance from paypal about the future of adaptive payments APIs on which our platform completely rely and this is getting every day more urgent because of the PSD2 changes and the impact that those directive, in Europe, will have in the short term. Infact, the "grace period" is going to end in the next months and some decisione will be needed. The same person that talked to me about the 20 million target to be taken on board for the partner system, also told me that they're working on a new solution to replace adaptive but till now we - the involved businesses and application owners - have received no guidance at all.

Sorry to say because we work great with paypal from 7 years but this is another signal on the care quality that medium sized or small businesses deserves from this great company.

Cheers, Fil

Login to Me Too

jryankennedy
Contributor
Contributor

Same boat here. I've contacted them twice with no response. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.