Checkout error: "To comply with regulatory requirements, this transaction has been declined."

3dgames
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using the REST API (Sandbox worked perfectly), now switched to Live Credentials. After redirecting the user to the Payment (REDIRECT) type URL, once he log in, PayPal shows an error. If the user is not logged in, the pending checkout is presented with the total amount, line items, etc. It's all fine.

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time

To comply with regulatory requirements, this transaction has been declined.

It's weird since i have another integration, pretty much the same and don't have this issue. 

Important note: On both cases (the working app and this one) the payments are being sent from an Argentine paypal user to an Argentine Business Account. Payments between Argentine PayPal accounts were forbidden since 2012, though i presume this has been lifted. But that does not explain why my other app does work though.

This is a sample final URI showing the error: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token=EC-26G855127J432225E#/checkout/gen...

Oh and i've also noticed that the "setBuyer" call on PayPals website (during the redirect) is giving me a 400 Status code, even though the response is here: "{"ack":"success","data":{"eConsent":{"ack":"success","data":{"required":false},"meta":....}

Even weirder is the fact that by testing and testing it's randomly working but it will fail on the next try.

Any hints?

Thank you.

Warm regards, Alan

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Chewgum
Contributor
Contributor

Having his issue too. It will work on the production site with sandbox but not live. Locally it will work on both. I contacted support and apparently it is because some word is blocked???

"There seems to be a word or combination of words within your request that is blocking the payment."

Login to Me Too

3dgames
Contributor
Contributor

Through which channel you contacted PayPal support?

Login to Me Too

Chewgum
Contributor
Contributor

Through https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/ . At the bottom you find "Contact". I guess they have moved to another site though so you'll get redirected.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.