Chained Payment Fees

Quinn319
New Community Member

I'm considering creating an app that uses chained payments. I can't find any documentation that indicates if there are any extra fee's involved in a chained payment. 

Looking at the documentation here https://developer.paypal.com/docs/archive/adaptive-payments/integration-guide/APIntro/#each-receiver... it suggests that the overall fee's for the transaction can be paid by the primary receiver or split among all receivers, but does not indicate if the fee's are any different when doing a chained payment.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used chained payments and knows if a fee is charged per receiver in the chained transaction?

The part of the fee I am concerned about is the $0.30 (in the US) per transaction. If I had a chained payment where the primary receiver and 3 secondary receivers all received $10.00, for a total of $40.00 in the chained transaction, would the overall fee's for the transaction total $1.46 (which is 0.29% + $0.30 on the grand total of $40.00) or $2.36 (which is 0.29% + $0.30 on each receivers total of $10.00).

Any insight would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.