Catalog products API usage

stephposs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I observe a strange behavior and I'd like to understand.

I'm using the catalog products API https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/catalog-products/v1/#products_create. I observe that if I create a product specifying the id, the return of the create returns the ID I set. Now, if I get all the products I have stored, my product get a different ID from the one I set. Why? How is this supposed to work?

Another question: How to I get the information about a specific product? GETting the v1/catalog/products/PROD-XXXX end point returns 404 always.

Also, how to DELETE a product? I guess it's the same problem as getting: the product can not be obtained once created...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

F__S
Contributor
Contributor

To get the product by ID, use "/v1/catalogs/products/PROD-XXXX". You had a typo in your path.

Paypal needs to supply a DELETE HTTP method for that endpoint too. In the least they should give the ability in the Dashboard UI to delete Products from the Catalog and Plans from Subscriptions although it is good that you can at least turn off Plans.

If you think about the resource names it doesn't make sense. Where in the heck is "Catalogs" in the Dashboard UI? Same goes from "Products". Subscription Products and Plans under those products should go into "/v1/subscriptions" e.g "/v1/subscriptions/products" and "/v1/subscriptions/plans". It seems like Paypal wants to use the "Catalog" namespace for various purposes, not just Subscriptions. But why not just keep it simple??

If Paypal fixes the issue of not being able to delete products and plans then I think I'll stream myself eating my entire tuxedo jacket.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.