Captured order always "pending" status but paypal keeps capturing the transaction anyways!!

Mfort0501
New Community Member

If you're going  to design a sandbox application then make sure it replicates real world "live" scenarios. I am accumulating dumb paypal fees just trying to get my live application to work even though I had already tested it out in the sandbox. Every single time I process a payment with my own credit card, the status on the captured order is "pending" instead of "accepted" or "completed". And yet in the sandbox, the same  server side code will give a "completed" stataus. How do I get a refund for these silly fees due to your own terrible documentation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Mfort0501
New Community Member

I just opened up my email to see that there is an actual explanation for this nonsense: looks like paypal decided that captured payments will have pending status because I am a new seller. Maybe this is something you should actually point out before people like me start accumulating fees just for testing purposes. lol...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.