Business Cards

rmhaas2211
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I can't seem to find any information about capturing a credit cards business name instead of the users first name/last name.  Is there anything special involved in processing a business card (that doesn't have a users name, only a business name) over a regular card?  Looking for specifics in the API.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @rmhaas2211 

I haven't heard of anything special needing to be done for cards issued by a business. You should be able to capture as normal even if the name isn't on the card.

The user would just put in their own name when filling out the checkout form and that should go through just fine.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

rmhaas2211
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @MTS-Aaron for the response.

So is there no way to capture a companies business name in the API?  Or a standard way of doing this?  Essentially we have our own custom form with:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Credit Card Number
  • Credit Card Expiration
  • CVV

For P Cards/Business cards without a first name and last name, we're trying to figure out how to capture the company name in lieu of first name and last name.  But per your suggestion - we shouldn't need to do this and we can just capture the first name/last name of the user even though it's not on the card?   Thanks again for the help.

Login to Me Too

rmhaas2211
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS-Aaron - Just checking in on this.  Somewhat halted until we can get an answer.

Login to Me Too

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @rmhaas2211 

There isn't really a standardized way of capturing business names. You should be able to simply use the card user's name even if it isn't what the cardholder's name is. 

This means that if I was a Sears employee for example, using a company card that didn't have my name on it, I could still enter my name in the name field and pay provided I had the other card credentials. There's just no standardized way in the payment industry to capture a business name instead of a first/last name.

I hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.