Authorization Error with Fresh Sandbox Tokens?

YourMCGeek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi friends,

I've been working with invoicing using PayPal's Node.js SDK, but no matter what I do, I always get an authorization error. I've tried freshly created, within 5 minutes, access tokens and applications on both my personal and business account. These are both in sandbox mode. I'm provided a debug id, but there is no where to get more information regarding the debug id. Are you guys able to help me try and figure out what might be wrong? If you can, I'd be forever greatful.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, I see an authorization error there. Make sure that the email on your InvoiceCreation request is the same of the API caller. This is one of the common cause for that error. It must be like the one below where I covered a part of your Sandbox email:

"merchant_info":

{"email": sh****@sh****.dev

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

MTS_Andre

Hi YourMCGeek, which operation are you trying to perform? Is it an ExpressCheckout Authorization creation token? I can check the correlation ID which is a public field in the API response, can you send it?

Login to Me Too

YourMCGeek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there @MTS_Andre

Sorry for not being more clear. Im getting this error when trying to create an invoice. Would you still be able to check the debug id if i sent it? 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Sure, before just make sure that Invoicing is enabled on your REST APP:

- login into developer portal here

- On Dashboard - My App and Credentials click on your REST APP

- make sure that "Invoicing" is toggled

You can also check this developer doc for invoicing

Login to Me Too

YourMCGeek
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Andre,

I've already verified that. Furthermore, I've tried creating fresh applications on both my personal and business accounts, which by default have invoicing enabled. I've done everything I can think of, hence why I've now turned to the community hoping you guys know something I don't. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

That's fine, I can check the correlation ID, usually has this format, an example: "89fehuda9jk" and is returned in each API response. If you want to send me via PM please do, or here.

Login to Me Too

YourMCGeek
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I'm new to the community. How can I send you a PM, @MTS_Andre, sorry for all the questions! 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi, I had this procedure to enable the private messaging, in case is not valid anymore you can send me the correlation ID here:

To enable the Private Message function:

- click on the top right icon of your profile
- click on "Preferences"
- under the "Personal" tab you will find "Private Messenger"
- click on it to turn it on/off

Once enabled you will see next to your profile icon a letter icon, if you click on it you can send a private message

Login to Me Too

YourMCGeek
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, I could't find the option. No worries though, here is the id for you. This is the latest one, I have multiple if it makes it easier for you. f8decd13eb72b

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi, I see an authorization error there. Make sure that the email on your InvoiceCreation request is the same of the API caller. This is one of the common cause for that error. It must be like the one below where I covered a part of your Sandbox email:

"merchant_info":

{"email": sh****@sh****.dev

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.