Are subscriptions automatically processed on the billing cycle or must it be captured automatically?

EdwardJibson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

If I create a subscription for a user and it is active, will PayPal automatically process such a subscription at the start of the billing cycle (e.g once every month) and then send relevant webhooks for me to process it further or must I capture the payment for a subscription myself at the start of the billing cycle (again, every month for example).

Thanks - any help is appreciated 🙂

Edward

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi EdwardJibson, once you create a subscription and it is active then PayPal will process it for you at the set date (e.g once every month). You don't need to capture or process anything once the subscription is active, it will be done by a batch that will consider the billing frequency and period.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

MTS_Andre

Hi EdwardJibson, once you create a subscription and it is active then PayPal will process it for you at the set date (e.g once every month). You don't need to capture or process anything once the subscription is active, it will be done by a batch that will consider the billing frequency and period.

Login to Me Too

EdwardJibson
Contributor
Contributor

Great, thank you very much 😃

Login to Me Too

BrownoutStudios
New Community Member

But how do you set up recurring subscriptions where the money is automatically withdrawn from the clients account on the due date? Companies like Adobe have this set up where they bill me and then automatically take their payment in the same day. I ask because Once the bill is submitted, some customers take longer than others to submit their payments (usually a time thing). Is it possible to automatically take the payments?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Andre

Hi Brownoutstudios, you need first to integrate the subscription API in you system and then it will automatically capture the recurring payments at the specified dates (every month, every day, every year etc.. you set this value).

You can find here an overview and the integration steps via the Smart Button Subscriptions or REST APIs.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.