Alternative to PayPal Commerce Platform

gyles
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community

My team was planning to use PayPal Commerce Platform as a way for us to process payments on behalf of our 'sellers'. However, it is pretty clear that we won't get access to the feature in production (we found the docs, marketing materials and even people we contacted to be very misleading about this).

Any recommendation on how to implement / hack something similar without PayPal Commerce Platform? Stripe makes it so easy that I'm really wondering if I missed something that would make the similar integration easy with Paypal.

Thanks, G

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

zlag
New Community Member

Hi there, we're finding ourselves in a similar position. Could you or anyone else elaborate on your experience? Ideally shed light on why it's seemingly impossible to upgrade to the Commerce Platform. Is paypal not supporting this anymore or only selecting specific companies? The marketing and docs made no mention of a selection/application process or revenue threshold.

Login to Me Too

jryankennedy
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here, I can't get anyone at PayPal to get back to me regarding the PayPal Commerce Platform. 

Login to Me Too

Lukaesch

Same problem here. We are waiting for more than a year now and I don't understand why PayPal doesn't seem to follow up.

PayPal support is only referring to the onboarding form and explains that they can't say anything about the process.

Currently, we are processing payments with Stripe Connect of a few thousand business owners on our platform. 

I would really appreciate if someone knows what to do to get production access of PayPal Commerce Platform. Would be a win-win for PayPal and us.

Login to Me Too

gyles
Contributor
Contributor

Months ago, I was introduced to a Senior Director at Paypal who gave us a canned answer as to why Paypal could not offer access to that feature yet.

If I were you I wouldn't assume that access to the feature will be forthcoming anytime soon and instead focusing on finding a workaround as we did (could use Stripe or have your customers create an app on their Paypal account and share the app credentials with your backend through a secure integration).

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.