Adding taxes and invoices for orders v2 api

swillen
Contributor
Contributor

Hello colleagues,

We are developing an online service and are going to integrate it with PayPal for the payments. Currently we are using the orders v2 api with the buttons that are provided from PayPal. We are creating the order in the backend.

First  is it possible to add a VAT Tax to the order. I mean we need to have a separate line shown in the order details showing the percentage and the amount of the tax. Secondly can we link the order to an invoice created in PayPal and marked PAID. 

Currently I can't accomplish this because in the sandbox accounts when I mark an order to be PAID the invoice in the customer's account is left on status PENDING or something.

Thank you, 

Svilen. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rahul-dighe
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

There is no separate line item that says "VAT". you can use the "Tax" field that's the nearest you have at the moment.

There is also no way to link an Invoice to the v2/orders at the moment. (or simply put "invoice" is not a payment method with which one can pay an order today)

Senior Product Manager - PayPal Checkout API Product
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.