API

mrnewm
Contributor
Contributor

We have just opened a PayPal account for our small club.

I have built a drop down add to cart button. I understand I have to add our API username, password and signature before the button will work.

I cannot see precisely where and how to add these to the code.

Help please for a newcomer/amateur!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @mrnewm,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

If you have created PayPal hosted html button, you can simply copy/paste the PayPal generated secure html code on your website without any use of API credentials. All PayPal Payments Standard buttons created using the Create a PayPal payment button page are protected automatically. Either all payment data is saved by PayPal and only a single button ID is shared between the merchant website and PayPal, or the payment button code is encrypted before it is displayed on the merchant website

Detailed steps to create PayPal hosted button code via your PayPal account.

Login PayPal.com >> click on "settings icon" >> go to "Account settings" >> Website payments >> PayPal buttons >> select button type >> fill required fields >> copy and paste the HTML code on your website.

(Or)

Login PayPal.com >> go to direct link "https://www.paypal.com/buttons/" >> follow the above steps

If you have manually created non-hosted payment buttons, you can secure your html buttons using detailed guide link.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

mrnewm
Contributor
Contributor

After a lengthy telephone conversation with one of your exceptional advisors, we discovered that to copy/paste the code on to the site you cannot use keyboard shortcuts, ie highlight, Ctrl+c & Ctrl+v to insert the code. For some inexplicable reason you must use show code, right click copy, right click paste. Then it works perfectly!! Why?

The website then misled me when it didn't work, because there is no direct instruction that APIs are strictly for e-commerce only.

My thanks go to the telephone advisor who transformed my brain from API induced spaghetti back to normality.

Login to Me Too

artsofindia
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for API username, password and signature. From where to get. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.