where can I pay my underpaid postage?

hiandjo
New Community Member

I think my scale's batteries were low and the last 6 orders I sent were underpaid.  I paid for 4 then went to a different screen and can no longer find where to go to pay my two other underpaid items!  Where the heck do I find it? Why is it so hard to find--don't they want my money??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @hiandjo

Thank you for your patience. Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here.

If you’ve underpaid for your shipping labels, USPS will notify PayPal. You’ll see a notification on your Shipping screen and you can proceed to pay all the Short Paid transactions one by one.

You may refer to this link for USPS Short Pay contact information:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-underpaid-postage-or-short-pay-faq3344

Hope this helps. Please stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Raprap_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @hiandjo. I can see this transaction is very important to you. I would suggest double check on your funding source (Credit card, Debit card or Paypal Balance) if you got charge for all of them if not just to reprocess the last 2 transaction since you don't see the history of the transaction anyway. You can file a dispute if the charge went through but the system process only 4 for you. https://www.paypal.com/ph/smarthelp/home.  I hope this helps. God Bless.

Login to Me Too

Davebz
New Community Member

USPS may be charging you in error! Outrageous!

I mailed a package which I had the Post Office weigh before mailing to verify my scale's weight. Upon mailing, the clerk weighed it again. Same weight 3.3 ounces. 

A few days later, Paypal reports that USPS claims it actually weighed over 1/2 pound, and I owe more postage.

Well, I still have the mailing receipt FROM THE POST OFFICE equipment saying it did in fact weigh 3.30 ounces! There is no doubt that was the correct weight. I even recreated the shipment using the exact same packaging and product - less than 4 ounces.

What if I didn't have the receipt? I'd be at their mercy even more than I am now since it's still not resolved.

It's such a pain, but I would encourage everyone to mail your packages at your post office and get a weigh in and keep the receipt.

USPS "help" is worthless. Phone just goes to messaging. Neither call returned. Email - no answer yet. Two days, and I'm still trying to get this resolved. Paypal will not allow me to ship though them until it's paid.

Login to Me Too

Bookseller2
New Community Member

I received an underpaid postage email from PayPal and I have the PO receipt with the weight of the package that was sent First Class. Now USPS says I owe them more money. I sent an email to USPS at verify postage help and will call the phone number. This is the second time this has happened within the last 6 months and if there's no way for USPS to prove the underpayment and they insist that I owe them money, I may decide not to use PayPal any longer for mailing my packages. Who is to say that this won't happen more frequently with USPS knowing that PayPal customers have no choice but to pay if they want to ship with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.