steelers71

steelers71
New Community Member

I just got a pay pal card and what I want to know is that I can use this card like a pre paid debit card if I load money on it? also, I link a bank account to it so if I do load money to it will it use the loaded money first or the bank account link to it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steelers71 

Yes. It will use the funds loaded on the card first.

Depending on the card, it may not use funds from your linked bank account and funds must be loaded to the card or be available in your PayPal balance first.

The PayPal Cash Debit MasterCard uses the available funds from your PayPal balance. You may load funds to your PayPal balance via the card at Walmart, 7-Eleven, Rite Aid, CVS Pharmacy, and with your bank account through your PayPal account. If you have no cash in your PayPal balance, the card will decline.

If you have the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard then you must load funds onto it first via PayPal balance transfers, direct deposit, NetSpend Reload Network or Tax Refunds deposited to your PayPal account via PayPal balance transfer. 

The only card that lets you link and use funds from a back up funding source (bank account or credit/debit card) should your PayPal balance be depleted, is the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard. Even then you should ensure you have funds available in your PayPal balance to draw from as the card has a tendency to decline if the back up funding source is used frequently.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.