shipping charges being deducted from my bank checking account instead of P.P. balance

greenhodges
Contributor
Contributor

As a small time seller, but selling for many years, when I used ebay to print up a shipping label for an item I sold, the total for shipping was deducted from my PP account.  In recent weeks, the shipping is now being deducted from my bank checking account.  I have not changed any settings.  I have written to pay pal 3 times and they have never responded - what do I need to do to change this so that shipping charges are deducted from my PP balance, and not my bank checking account.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@greenhodges 

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select eBay Shipping Inc on the left, then on the right see what is the payment method. 

Change if you need to. If it is correct to begin with, click Cancel to deactivate the profile/automatic payment.

Then go to eBay and pay for shipping labels, as usual, click Pay & Print, this should let you select PayPal, log in and how you want to pay again and set up new automatic payment again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

greenhodges
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for response - I found the specific tab you mentioned - ebay shipping.  When I clicked on that it showed my current status as being "from PP balance".  When I clicked on that icon, it came up with only two choices - credit card or bank account.  So - it is showing my current payment method for ebay shipping as being "PP balance" but it is deducting instead from my bank account.  I am reluctant to change it as I think the balance option will go away.  what has happened that this has been changed?

Login to Me Too

greenhodges
Contributor
Contributor

After never receiving any replies to the 3 emails I sent to paypal, I decided to call them - wait was 45 minutes so I elected the "call me back" option which worked well.  The person that helped me was located in Nebraska (not overseas) and was very helpful.  She told me the reason I was no longer able to have ebay shipping charges deducted from my account balance (and instead deducted from my bank checking account )was due to new fed regulations, and that I would have to upgrade my PP account by providing additional info.  She said she might be able to do that for me over the phone.  She looked at my account, and all that she needed was my SS #.  I am not happy about providing that number, but went ahead and gave it to her.  She assured me that all future ebay shipping costs would now be deducted from my account.

Login to Me Too

Garrettsgram
New Community Member

I was told last year that EBay was going to start processing payments so that I could quit using PayPal.  I signed up as interested in that for my own sales.  Nothing ever came of that.  For some time, I believe I have had shipping charges deducted from both my checking account AND my Paypal Account.  Thus I believe I have been defrauded.  Has Anyone else dealt with this?  Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

isoemup2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have been having this problem since I started with Ebay in June. I cannot figure out how to stop paying twice for shipping. I am losing hundreds of dollars paying double. Am still trying to get this resolved without any luck.

Login to Me Too

isoemup2
Contributor
Contributor

I am a small time/new seller. I have noticed that Paypal is deducting shipping costs from my balance when the shipping fees are going on my credit card. This means I am paying for shipping twice. I have had no success speaking with someone at Paypal. I have tried all the methods provided to speak to a person without success. How do I make this stop as I am losing hundreds of dollars? Is there any way to get this money back from Paypal?

Login to Me Too

bsalyi
New Community Member

I am having the issue. Has anyone found a solution?

Login to Me Too

nither
New Community Member

same problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.