"Request Return Shipping Refund" option missing

Netherspark
Contributor
Contributor

I've started a return for something I bought on Ebay, and after checking to make sure Paypal are still offering the return shipping refunds I've noticed that the option to do so is missing from all of my transactions.

I know that it used to appear on ALL transactions as soon as they were logged, whether you were planning to return it or not.  Has this changed, so it only appears when a return has been completed for example?

And before you mention it, yes, I have activated the offer years ago and used it several times in the past.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Netherspark 

Did you open an Ebay or a Paypal dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Netherspark
Contributor
Contributor

No, I just started a normal return via ebay.

Login to Me Too

Mav3000
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I try to request a refund on return shipping (£9) but the link is not there in my 'Activity'.

PayPal have so far been on no help whatsoever - online help email me generic instructions, while people on the phone do not want to help either.

I have signed up to 'return shipping refunds', I've returned an item, the refund has gone through - minus £9, but I can't claim it back from PayPal.

Any help appreciated here.

Richard

Login to Me Too

Netherspark
Contributor
Contributor

I have now found out that return shipping refunds are not available for Business accounts.  I upgraded to business just so I could keep using the paypal debit card, but after discovering this I've downgraded back to a personal account.  Keeping the card is not worth losing shipping refunds.

Login to Me Too

Mav3000
Contributor
Contributor

After being sent around the houses by PayPal support, I've been told that the links don't appear in my Activity History because my account is also a Business Account. I've been told to email 'paypalreturns_uk at telusinternational dot com' who can assist with my return.

Nowhere in PayPal's T&Cs for Return Shipping Refunds does it mention any exclusions for Business Account - purely for 'limited' accounts. I hope that they can assist me.

I upgraded my account from Personal to Business purely to learn how to use PayPal Checkout for web design.

I'll let you know how I get on with telusinternational dot com.

Login to Me Too

Netherspark
Contributor
Contributor

They initially told me it was only temporary, but then two days later they said they have no plans to open it for business accounts at all.

I think the CS staff are woefully uninformed about Paypal's policies.  When I downgraded they were talking about "premier accounts", which haven't existed for years!

Login to Me Too

Mav3000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Netherspark,

I emailed my return proof and screenshot of my PayPal activity to the velus email address, who asked me to agree to their T&Cs (Same as PayPal's 'Return Shipping on Us'). Once I did this, they were happy to refund my shipping costs without any further issue.

Mav3000

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.