products and services

xlaurenwallwork
Contributor
Contributor
someone has just bought something on paypal products and services and i have just recieved an email from paypal saying it’s in my hood but it’s not yet on hold in my account. should i send the coat off tomorrow?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xlaurenwallwork 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM BUT READ IT AND SEE AS ONLY YOU CAN KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THE EMAIL SAYS.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xlaurenwallwork 

if its not showing in your paypal balance then don't send as it could be a scam.

are you sure any emails were from paypal and not fake?

can you give us a gist of content withOUT any identifying info?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xlaurenwallwork
Contributor
Contributor
We've placed the payment on hold because we noticed that you're a new PayPal seller and will need time to build a positive selling history.The amount will not appear in your pending balance as we will need to verify the payment and will be available after the order is fulfilled. this is the email i got and it just said sent by paypal with a red circle with a p
Login to Me Too

xlaurenwallwork
Contributor
Contributor
the money is not yet in my hold
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xlaurenwallwork 

Does it give you any instructions on what to do?

Does it say send trackable or anything like that?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xlaurenwallwork
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it tells me how to send to get the money quicker. there is also a spelling mistake and says something about the money and says “you’re” instead of “your” small mistake but just noticed it
Login to Me Too

xlaurenwallwork
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Lauren You’re money is on it’s way !
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xlaurenwallwork 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM BUT READ IT AND SEE AS ONLY YOU CAN KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THE EMAIL SAYS.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xlaurenwallwork
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you ! i just asked message paypal and it was a scam!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.